Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Soccer, musicals, and physics

It has been a busy week for us. On Saturday my son's soccer team played in the state semifinals..and lost. It was heartbreaking. It has been a hard year in some ways for my son, a senior, and I have so much respect for the way he has handled the year. He thought he would be a starter, but ended up not even getting into some games. He didn't complain or grouse. We talked about playing as well as he could when he did play, and he did. On Saturday, the last game of his high school career, he had the best game of his life. A good way to end.

On Friday my other son will be performing in Willy Wonka, the middle school musical this year. He enjoys being on stage, acting, and dancing. I am glad to see him involved in the program and hope that he continues to find joy in acting. He is also going to join the math league, so he is diverse.

Right now they are both watching Mythbusters, one of the favorite programs in this household. At the same time, my older son is doing his physics homework and explaining to his little brother all about vectors and the force of gravity. I love to just sit back and listen to them.

No comments: