Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Long car trips

We have always taken long car trips. My husband and I drove to Florida and back for our honeymoon, we regularly drove to Colorado when we were first married, and now, with the boys, we drive from Syracuse to Indiana a few times a year. The trip takes about 11 hours. Our kids are great travelers, always have been. I don't know if it is a natural temperment, or good parenting, or what (I like the parenting explanation!) The kids listen to songs, read, we play games, and we talk. Some if it is just mindless banter, but even in that there are some important tidbits that slip in. Last month I made the trip alone, and really enjoyed that, too. You get set up with some drinks, some snacks, books on tape, good music on the ipod...it is like being in your own private little world.

No comments: