Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Day in the USA?


There is a lot of excitement in the air. The victory of Barack Obama has brought together many people who are hoping for a new America.


I sat with tears on my cheeks watching and listening to his victory speech. I liked how he was able to bring in elements of Lincoln, King, and others to emphasize the importance of the win. He has great speech writers. When I read political speeches from the past I am often impressed with the language used, the strength of feeling, and the depth of the content. I think Obama has that gift as well.

I hope that the new direction of the country is actually more centrist than left. I think younger voters are more pragmatic than ideological...let's get done what needs to be done. I think it is time to turn away from political partisanship and to work towards solutions to problems, solutions that are not unique to any one political party.

Think I can get a job in DC?

No comments: