Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Getting ready for winter Part 2


Okay, remember that cute little post earlier today about the snow falling gently on the hillside? Well, screw it. Because of that snow I missed my book club tonight!!

I figured the roads wouldn't be bad once I got off of the hill and started out at 7 pm, giving myself an extra 10 minutes for the trip. Made it out of the driveway. Made it down the road. Didn't make it up the hill. Backed down Hwy 20 and turned around to drive a different route. Got stuck halfway up another hill. Called in the reinforcements (spouse and boy). Couldn't get back up the hill to our house, ended up leaving the car at a neighbors (after getting stuck in their driveway) and took the truck home. It was about 8 then, too late to make it to the 7:30 discussion.

Bummer. I hate winter.....

No comments: