Friday, July 29, 2011

Salon.com

Wow, I never expected that my submission to open.salon.com would get ANY attention, much less be chosen as an editor's pick. I have a few other stories ready to send off, so I'll do that over the next few months. I may try to take some of my blog entries here and revise them, too.

I was a little hesitant to put that much personal information out there, but decided that it was worth it. I wonder if the mix of feeling a little excited and exposed it what "real" artists and writers feel when showing their work or releasing their writing. I can see how that creative process can be a little scary--will people like it? will they understand? will they think I'm nuts??

What has been more surprising, and rewarding in a way I didn't expect, are the reactions and responses of others. Many women reply to me with a story of their own feelings of insecurity and uncertainty. I was surprised to see how my thoughts "connected" with others.

http://www.open.salon.com/blog/christine_himes/2011/07/23/transformations

No comments: