Monday, July 4, 2011

Christine Lagarde


I have a crush on Christine Lagarde. I don't think I had heard of her until a month or so ago. I happened to be in Paris right after the Strauss-Kahn scandal. He was the head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and was accused of sexually assaulting a hotel maid. In the aftermath, he resigned from the IMF and Christine Lagarde, France's Minister of Finance, was being touted as the likely successor. I saw her on TV and fell in love.

One look at her and you feel like she is someone you could trust. Someone who is competent, capable, level-headed, and reasonable. She inspires confidence and admiration. My favorite quote,"I honestly think that there should never be too much testosterone in one room."

She is only a year older than me. She is trained as a lawyer, not an economist (a plus in my book!) and has worked in the US and France. She made her way up the partner ladder in a large law firm before returning to France to enter the political scene.

Mostly, I think, I like her hair...

2 comments:

Martha said...

Love this post, Aunt Chris! :)

Michelle said...

Like her hair, and her name?! :)