Sunday, April 27, 2014

Hide and Seek

My friends Clara and Ethan are now 4.5 and 2.5 years old.  Hide and seek is a favorite game.  On Saturday I had a special "no Mommy" date to take Clara to see the Disney movie Bears. When I showed up at the house, their mother met me at the door saying, with a wink, that she had no idea where the kids had gone. I announced that I supposed I would just leave then and turned to go.  All of a sudden, Ethan popped up from behind the sofa, closely followed by a laughing Clara. The joy of the game is in being found.

A few months ago I was in Baltimore, browsing a craft show with my friend Kerry. I admired a pair of earrings. But, I noted, they were big and I couldn't wear "big" earrings. Puzzled she asked "why not?" and I explained that if I wore big earrings everyone look at them (me). With an exasperated sigh she replied, "That's the whole point, Chris!"

Guess it's time to come out from behind the sofa...


No comments: