Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Time in a bottle...

Remember the song, "Time in a Bottle"?  Recorded shortly before Jim Croce died in a plane crash, it was a big hit towards the end of my high school years.  The song speaks of the wish to have more time and the joy of having found someone with whom you would like to spend every minute of life.  Written as a love song to his wife, it seems prescient of him when your realize that only a few years later he would die tragically.

I think of the term slightly differently, though.  There are moments of my life that I would like to hold in my heart forever; days, hours, minutes that I would like to freeze in time. I sometimes look up and think, "This is good."

I have my share of disappointments.  Shattered dreams, dashed hopes, days of confusion and despair.  But, I have moments like today, with my sons at the table laughing and joking.

It is a day for filling bottles.

                                              


No comments: