Thursday, June 14, 2012

Academic Summers

I'm often asked, "Why do you go to work in the summer?"  Here is my current "to do" list:

Write graduate program review
Read and write a critique of an article submitted for publication (peer review)
Start work on a new project on fear of falling and social isolation funded by a small grant
Work on a paper with two colleagues on military service and obesity
Work with colleagues at another university on a paper about osteoporosis, falls, and obesity
Prepare syllabus, lectures, and assignments for a course I haven't taught for two years.
Prepare syllabus, lectures, and assignments for a course I have taught every year for 3 years.
Create a website for a society that I am secretary/treasurer.
Coordinate plans for a group dinner (100 people) at a conference in August.

No comments: