Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mowing Lawn


For many, many years we cut our grass with a push mower. We have, over the years, had some big lawns, so this was like an 8 hour job. My husband said that when he was 50 he would buy a riding mower. He got one when he was 49. The boys and my husband have done over 99% of the lawn mowing since. I barely know how to operate the machine.

Until today. Now I know why they kept me from it. It is too much fun. They didn't want to share! I put on my iPod, revved up the machine, and zipped around the lawn. The only thing I would change is all of the trees and shrubs we have, it is too hard to go around them. And I don't like the ditch. But the hill....WHEE! The hairpin turns....WOW! I might just have to make this my job from now on. Maybe I can switch with the laundry.

No comments: