Sunday, May 17, 2009

Killing time

I'm sitting in the Detroit airport killing time. I am on my way home from Utah. I've been here for over 3 hours and have 3 more hours to go....So, what are some things to do in an airport?
Eat. I always eat in airports even when I'm not hungry. I eat because I'm bored.
Read. I finished one novel on the plane, finished the Salt Lake City Sunday paper, and just picked up another paperback. I was debating between something light and trashy, something light and fast paced, something I've wanted to read for awhile but that would require some effort. I ended up with light and fast paced.
TV. I watched the end of the Detroit Red Wings Chicago Black Hawks hockey game. I guess this is for the championship. Everyone seemed really excited that Detroit won. I also caught part of Obama's speech at Notre Dame.
People watch. Lots of kids, couples, and elderly. It isn't much fun to watch young men or business travellers. Teenage and young women are pretty boring, too. Kids are the most fun. Couples can be the most funny.
Surf the net. That's what I've been doing, but not much happens on Sunday..

Well, this took about 1o minutes to write, 2 hours 50 minutes to go....

No comments: